The Care and Benevolence Practicum provides the student opportunity to develop a Wesleyan-Pentecostal theology of care while providing “hands on” ministry under supervision. He/she will have scheduled dialogue sessions with qualified supervisors that will address the social and theological issues relevant to their particular context of ministry.
- Master of Divinity students are required to complete a practicum of 2 credit hours.
- Other students are required to complete a practicum of 1 credit hour.
- You must register for the Care Practicum just like any other course.
The Choice is Yours!
You make the choice of your care practicum!
- You can register for a practicum that is listed on the regular course schedule.
- You can choose a practicum from the list of approved sites. (See a list of sites by clicking here.)
- You can choose to include a care component within your M. Div. internship.
John D. Nichols Chair of Benevolence, Compassion, and Care